Search This Blog

Pages

February 08, 2008

Adding just the right embellishment!

There's a beautiful snowfall going on right now - makes me want to sit with my nose pressed against the window watching it come down :o)

About a week ago I made a go-to list for myself of current embellishments/techniques I could add when I get stumped on a card I'm working on. Sometimes you feel done but the card still seems bare and you're just not 100% there. So I wanted to share it with you too.
  • cut quotes into word panels
  • use paper piercer for borders, doodling, stems
  • scalloped layers under straight edges
  • roughed up edges
  • watercolored shading around main image
  • cutting main image past border
  • mixing fonts
  • layer paper medallions, flowers
  • ticket punched corners
  • hardware with ribbon attached
  • flat-backed gemstones in a row
  • mixed patterns
  • punched corners held down with rivets
  • flourishes
  • machine stitched borders
  • 1/2 circle notched panels
  • belted and knotted ribbon
  • circular labels
  • notebook punched paper
  • trendy color combos
  • tags in assorted shapes with words
  • faux stitching with white gel pen
  • Cuttlebugged panels
  • painted chipboard
  • embossed borders, sanded
  • word window tags
  • pop-dotting elements
  • Asian-inspired lines
  • stamped twill/ribbon
  • file folder label tabs
  • stamping over book pages/text
  • arch form
  • altered puzzle pieces
  • fabric flowers
  • doodling in black

2 comments:

Linda Carson said...

What a great idea! I'll have to try this. It would be a time saver.

Unknown said...

What a great list! Thanks for taking the time to compile this for us! You are a gem!