I'm liking the pocket-card theme, so here's one that I did for Innovative Stamp Creations earlier this year.
I had a sheet of rubber from ISC that was all words (Scrapbook Layout sheet, I think), and I wanted to see what I could come up with using just these with no images.
I started with a scrap of bkgd cs I had made using the Watercolor Distress technique (see yesterday's post for quick description). I believe the Distress ink colors I used were Frayed Burlap and Worn Lipstick. I edged the panel with a sponge and the Burlap ink.
The tags are tucked into a premade library style pocket, but these are easily made with a little cutting, folding and corner-rounding. I edged this with a little ink, stamped it as shown, and added a wide Stampin' Up! ribbon. I tied a piece of white twine around this and added a tag by cutting a slit in the reinforcement part.
For the tags, I think I used regular size tags from an office supply store, and cut them down to get them narrower and retrimmed the corners.
To get even corners no matter what the angle, trim one corner off, take the discarded piece, lay it on the other corner matching the edges up, draw a pencil line and cut.
I stamped each side of the tags with a word (soulmate, simplicity, etc.), and a postmark or cancellation mark (both also on the words sheet), then edged each tag with ink. I chose some coordinating ribbons and tied them on in various ways for interest. I believe I used Distress Peeled Paint in addition to the other colors mentioned.
To get nice v-shaped points on your ribbon ends, just fold ribbon in half and use a nice sharp scissor (like for quilting - Fiskars and Tonic are my choices) and cut on the diagonal.
I adhered everything as shown and that's it - a fun, interactive card for the recipient to play with ;o).
Thanks for looking!