Search This Blog

Pages

January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

How's the resolutions list coming along? LOL I actually made a workable one this year which is odd for me - I usually don't even bother making one! But recently I've just felt like I needed to regroup a little bit. Best of luck with yours this year!

Here's a specialty fold card going out to my brother and his wife and family tomorrow to thank them for hosting Christmas this year. They did such an awesome job - their home is beautiful and comfy, they have lots of bathrooms for the morning rush LOL and the food was outstanding as always. It was a pleasure to be there, even counting the long drive to and from in less then ideal weather and road conditions. The older I get the more I appreciate all getting together and catching up. My brother's so talented in wood-working - he put such a fabulous 6-light votive stand he made in my "stocking" that I would have been happy to have just that! I'll try to remember to ask him if it's okay to post a photo of it here for you....

I got the layout idea for this card browsing what I think was a Papercrafts magazine at Joann's a few days ago. You may need to click on the photos below for more detail:




For this card I just cut a piece of dark kraft cs in half the long way, then rounded the corners with a Stampin' Up corner punch. I used the Scor-Pal (see yesterday's post) to score in half, then at the 1 1/2" line on one end.

I then cut a white panel to fit under this flap, and stamped it with flourishes by Stampin' Up! (Finest Flourishes set) in Versafine black and SU Cranberry Crisp from last year's In Colors. I adhered the white panel to the kraft card front, and then added punched and layered circles as shown with eyelets before adhering the kraft flap down to the cardfront. I tucked a little embroidery floss under one eyelet and wound it around as shown, tucking the end under a circle.

*tip*
If you don't have the color eyelets or brads you need for your project (I couldn't believe I didn't have any black!) just use a permanant ink to color them. Here I had silver eyelets and used a Slick Writer in black. You could also try alcohol inks, Sharpies, embossing ink and powder or nail polish.

I cut a red rectangle from textured cs and rounded the corners, then did the same with a white piece. I stamped thank you (SU Sincere Salutations set) in the black ink, and the swirl in the Cranberry. I adhered these as shown over the flap.

For the pull out tag panel, I cut a white panel narrow enough to clear the double-stick tape holding the kraft card together along the sides. I stamped a swirl on the bottom in black in, then punched a few coordinating circles for the tab. The red is a half circle glued down, and there are two kraft cs circles back to back with a looped ribbon and the brad prongs tucked between.

*tip*
When mailing a card like this where there are some embellishments that stick up a bit, either put a scrap piece of cs the same size as your card over them in the envelope, or apply clear packing tape to the outside of the envelope where they rest to avoid tearing while going thru the mail system.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very cool. I love this set also. TFS!