Search This Blog

Pages

November 07, 2007

Home for Christmas


Okay - back to Christmas cards! LOL This card is simple yet elegant. I definitely like it better in person colorwise, but you get the idea.

Finished card measures 5 3/4" x 4 3/4"

I started with cream cs and stamped the house (Anna Griffin for All Night Media) in the center with Distress Frayed Burlap ink. Then I used a stamp positioner to place the frame (also AG for ANM) evenly around it.

Using the large Dreamweaver stencil brush pictured in Monday's post, I pounced Frayed Burlap over the openwork frame and towards the center, lightening as I got to the house.


Then I used the stamp positioner to stamp the phrase (Northwoods Rubber Stamps) over the house in Adirondack Raisin.


To get the varied colors on the background piece, I inked the Stampin' Up! background stamp by applying the Frayed Burlap, Raisin, and Adirondack Pesto inks to the rubber directly from the pads. I edged this panel lightly with Frayed Burlap using a sponge.


And that's it! Layer the pieces and add the antiqued copper brads!


*tip*
Even if you KNOW you can get the brads lined up straight, take an extra minute and use a C-thru ruler to measure equal borders on each side, making a little + where the lines meet at the corners, then punch where the lines intersect


Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy, this is beautiful, simply beautiful!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just beautiful GF! hugs, G

Digital said...

My kind of card! I like and appreciate all of your cards, but this one's great. LOL Mom

Linda Carson said...

ELEGANT! ELEGANT!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, Nancy! The detail with which you describe your artistic process is so clear! It makes me want to sweep everything off my workspace and follow along!